- Oxford Street and Regent Street: includes large department stores such as John Lewis, Selfridges, House of Fraser, Debenhams, Marks and Spencer and Liberty. This is the place to go for less expensive fashion, in stores such as Top Shop, Urban Outfitters, Zara, Primark, Forever21, Nike Town and River Island. You can also find the Disney Store and Hamleys – large stores with kids’ toys, clothes and much more.
- Mount Street and New Bond Street in Mayfair and Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Sloan Street in Knightsbridge: exclusive areas with especially international designer- and luxury brands such as Mulberry, Hermès, Chanel, Victoria’s Secret, Louis Vuitton and Valentino.
- Covent Garden: includes market stalls, but also several British fashion brands such as Jack Wills, Barbour, Karen Millen and Burberry Brit.
- Portobello Road Market, Stables Market in Camden and The Old Truman Brewery: perfect places for vintage clothing, antiques and crafts with independent shops and stalls.
- Oxford Street:
Monday – Friday: 9:30am -8pm
Thursday: 9am - 10pm
Sunday: 12pm -6pm
- Shops in other areas generally from 9am to between 6 and 9pm. Some markets and shops can be closed on Sundays.
- Most food stores and supermarkets such as Tesco, which is recognized as a highlight of MyCityHighlight, are open from 6 or 7am until 22 or 23 pm, some are open 24 hours.